Tuesday, November 18, 2014

So... my mom thinks we are nudists

This all started a couple of years ago, when I told her that while she and my dad were watching the kids we were going to a friend's cabin for a picnic.  And she said "Well, are you going to be running around naked in the woods then?" totally out of the blue.  It caught me so completely off guard, that I blushed and stammered, "Well, actually, yes".  
She told me to make sure to wear sunscreen.  

I didn't tell her that her son in law was going to be beating me after I got naked in the woods.

 My mom is unique, I suppose.  What you might call "a character".   She thinks all this is more humorous than scandalous.   No reason to worry as long as I'm keeping my sunscreen on. 

Now, she knows we go camping every year with friends, and the kids don't get to go.  So that makes her absolutely sure that we are nudists going to hang out with our nudist buddies.  Because what other reason would there be for going camping without kids?

She barely misses an opportunity to tease, and I return the serve.  Sometimes I have been tempted to let slip the whole truth, but Master thinks it would be a bad idea, so I don't.

Last time we spoke I made a comment about their weeks of keeping the kids in August being Master's and my time to "frolic".   She said she wasn't sure she wanted to contribute to the delinquency of a "major" (she almost said minor, but remembered in time, I'm old!) I just laughed and then she said "I always knew that man was leading you into naughty things!  You can tell just by looking at him."   

Oh, I was so unbelievably tempted to deliver up to her curiosity a hint of the naughty things.  But I didn't, just bit my tongue and changed subjects. 









11 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that kind of banter about TTWD? Little does she know .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom is the same kind of wonderful....She makes her little jokes thinking she has it all figured out. If she only knew...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's probably best not to share, and a good deal more fun to banter about.

    This did have mouse giggling though.
    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Master is the voice of reason here, other times he jokes about how it would be funny to see if he could shock her. My mom likes to brag that nothing shocks her. Except for my tattoo. That still does! Not because it is a tattoo, but because it seemed so out of character for ME to get one.

      Delete
  4. Now and again my family will say something interesting. I just bite my tongue. Sometimes there is a thing as too much truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We're going for "plausible deniability".

      Delete
  5. The last time my mom was here visiting, we stayed at a hotel and she watched the kids, as we were leaving she asked, "Got all your chains, whips, and cuffs?" I told her they were packed and ready, lol. If only she knew what we did bring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom said the same thing when we went to Las Vegas! Mothers!

      Delete
  6. lol, i think its lovely that you can to a certain extent have a banter with your mum....mine well less said about her the better!

    x

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...