Saturday, September 24, 2022

Sad Anniversary

 Today is a sad anniversay:  one year since my Master died.  It is currently 7:02 am, which was the time when he died too.  Not the official time, that had to wait until the coroner got to our house and did the official call around 7:30.  But it was the real time he took his last breath.  I was there holding his hand, telling him I loved him, having been unable to sleep anywhere but in the chair beside his bed (we had a hospice bed brought in and placed in the living room).   

My theoretically good idea was that we would take shifts of being with him at nights- my mom and his dad and me.  I tried to sleep in my bed when it was my turn to sleep, but I couldn't. So I ended up downstairs sleeping in the chair anyway.  My mom woke up early that morning (like 2 am) to keep me company.  She dozed off on the couch and I in the chair after a while.  My Master was getting more medicine at least every two hours and sometimes more often, to keep the pain under control.  He wasn't really responding much to anyone or anything the last two days of his life- his body was shutting down everything.   

There are still sometimes when I look at his picture, or think I hear his voice, that I'm sure he can't really be gone for good.  I think he might just be on a trip and coming home soon, although I know that's not true.  I just don't always want to accept it.  

5 comments:

  1. I feel so much for you. The first anniversary is the hardest.

    Sending lots of love and (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz! I love that you're still reading here.

      Delete
  2. Reflecting on a sad anniversary can be challenging. During difficult times, it's essential to prioritize self-care, including dental health. When faced with such emotions, seeking a compassionate dentist becomes crucial. Consider recommendations, online reviews, and a practitioner's empathy, making the process of How to Pick a Good Dentist especially important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Navigating a sad anniversary can be emotionally challenging. In such times, consider the support of a BARGAIN AI Chat Bot, providing empathetic conversations and helpful resources. Integrating technology with emotional well-being adds a unique dimension to coping, offering a blend of understanding and assistance during moments of reflection and remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that this is in no way the same but, at the age of 16 when my dad passed away, for that whole year it felt the same way. I kept expecting him to call my mom and me or walk through the door with the call out that it was all a joke, and he was home. Now 34 years later that expectation has diminished. For me it has anyway. My hope is that it will for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...