Friday, August 25, 2023

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

 I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to read it.  

There was a time, long ago, when Master and I were only dating, around a millenium ago, and we were shopping for some fruit. I  was saying something about how I really only like perfect fruit and sometimes it's just bland but you don't know until you bring it home and then it's too late. 

  And he said "Oh, well, let's just taste these blueberries and then we'll know."  He opened up one of the blueberry packets and took out a couple and ate them.  I was horrified and said in a mock-whisper "Oh no, they are going to get you now!" and he said "Who? The blueberry police?" and that started a fit of giggles that went with us through the whole store until check out.  They never stop. They always get you in the end.  Yes, the blueberry police are still after us! And they have continued to be after us ever since.  Only Master has outwitted them.  But I was an accomplice and thus just as guilty.  


3 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from you! I hope you are doing well.

    This made me smile :) Blueberry Police...I love it!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those billboards that just posit something without any context and leave the reader to imagine anything wild as to what it means. Boo Berry was always my ritual jam back in the day when it came to breakfast cereals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the time and dedication you've put into this blog

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...