Wednesday, September 20, 2017

TMI Tuesday: Relationship

1. Why would you go to a therapist?

  a. You need support 
b. You want to take responsibility for your life’s outcomes?
c. You need guidance and to be told what to do

I have been to two therapists.  Both times were because my Master wanted me to, because I'm both suspicious and afraid of therapists, to be honest.  The first time we went together to a marriage counselor because (this was way back when we were first married and completely vanilla) Master was not getting enough sex.  This wasn't a great experience for me, as I felt they ganged up on me to just tell me I should do sex more even though I wasn't feeling it.  I had a very different mindset back then, and at the time, this did not help me "feel it". 


The second time I went to a therapist was much better.  I was still afraid, but I went because he told me to.  I was having some anxiety and she really helped with that.  I told her all about our power exchange relationship and she was kind and understanding. 
2. Thinking of the main male lover in your life, what is sex for him: a. stress relief, tension reliever  
b. a way to show love  
c. something exciting he likes to do

It think it is all of those. That's what he says too, depending on circumstances it can be all.

3. Do you feel a partner is being invasive for wanting to know your plans and inner thoughts?

No, I think as my Owner he has a right to my inner thoughts and knowing my plans.
 
4. In your opinion, what is intimate sharing?

Telling someone I'm close to things that I wouldn't want to tell the world at large.
 
5. Would you enjoy a weekend by yourself, without the company of your partner? Where would you go? What would you do?

This weekend I'm going to a dog trial by myself, the first one in years!  I guess that is the only thing that could tempt me to go off alone.  Master has been encouraging me to get started with trialing again.
 
Bonus: Would you buy an outfit that you love, knowing that your partner will hate it? Then would you wear it as well?

No way.  I want him to approve of all of them.

 https://tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/17/tmi-tuesday-september-19-2017/

2 comments:

  1. Good answers! Therapists can be a real mixed lot, some do more damage than they solve. I'm glad to hear you found a good one to help with anxiety...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a big help. One of the things she told me, when I started to get upset, was to touch my collar and repeat a mantra. Now, as a good facilitator, she didn't pull that out of a hat and say "do it", but we walked down together what would be helpful to me.

      Delete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...