Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Long Day!

So, last year I was  nominated and accepted to be a poll worker/election official for my town.  I knew it would be a long day, but I didn't suspect it would be so hard to get there.  I had to be there at 6:30, and I woke up at 3:30 worried about getting there on time. 

It had snowed 4-5 inches that night, and was still snowing and blowing.  I started shoveling, but I wore out after a while.  Our driveway is REALLY long.  I went to feed the sheep, and then let all the dogs out.  Around 5 I woke up the kid and asked him to help me shovel.  We shoveled until almost 6 and it was mostly done, then I sent him to get ready for school.  I had to take him to a friend's house that we had arranged to give him a ride there.   The road to the polling place hadn't even been plowed at all, so that was 6 or so miles of very nervous driving, but my van made it without sliding or getting stuck.  

The wind has blown more snow over everything, so I'll be shoveling again today.

I'm trying not to think of my Master being in Las Vegas with the palm trees and cocktails and whatnot. 


I learned a lot about election stuff yesterday, and also all the neighborhood gossip. 

4 comments:

  1. Not just the warm weather. You should have seen the pussies I was playing with in the kitten lounge.
    DM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like an interesting day all around with battling snow and working as a poll official. Palm trees and cocktails sounds much preferable to snow!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...