Saturday, August 6, 2022

Play

 It has been 10 months since I lost my Master.   Every month or so I was going to breakfast or lunch with Dr. Peter, and we had once discussed whether I would want to play again.  At that time I wasn't  ready.  I couldn't think of playing without being overwhelmed by sadness that my Master wouldn't be there too.   A couple weeks ago I started thinking about playing again, and this time without so much sadness.  It started to sound appealing again. I brought it up to Dr. Peter and we arranged a date for me to go over to his place for lunch and play.  

Beforehand, I was worried that I'd have a sudden attack of sadness during play.  Or that I'd go home and have a serious subdrop with no one at home to hug me.  But I decided I was ready to try, willing to take that risk and just go for it.  Because I really missed playing, and I missed playing with Dr. Peter too.  


2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to see you post. I hope the play was a positive experience.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...