Tuesday, November 9, 2021

TMI Tuesday

 1. Traditions. We all have them. Some good and, well, some not so good. Think for a minute. When you were a kid, what were your holiday traditions? Do you still follow some of them today?

When I was a kid, we'd open the presents usually the day before Christmas eve, at night, and then my parents would drive all night to get to the first set of grandparents house.  Me and my brother (and later on, a couple dogs) would sleep in the back.  The seats would all fold down to make a cozy bed.  Then we'd wake up to breakfast and Grandma and Grandpa's. They would spoil us with sausages, sweet rolls, all sorts of attention, while my mom and dad slept to make up for the night.  Christmas morning my aunt and uncles would be there, and all the cousins and we'd open presents and have another big breakfast.  Then we'd drive to the other grandparents' house and do it all again.

I don't follow those traditions, especially not the driving at night because I just can't.  Sometimes we go visit my kids' grandparents and sometimes we stay home.

2. How would you describe this stage of your life?

Uh, mourning and bullshit?  


3. What is next for you?

I'd say recovery of equilibrium.   


4. What will you do this month to nourish you?

Hug my friends, play with my puppies.  Hug my friend's puppies. 


5. Are you participating in Movember?

Nope.  I try to walk when I have energy, but that's not every day.  My job involves a lot of walking most days.  

Bonus: What is your motto?

I don't know, what's the motto with you?

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading about your family Christmas traditions

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🤣 I'm a proud alumnus of Whats A Motto U

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...