Saturday, May 9, 2020

Living Without Rules

I'm trying to take one day at a time, and not to get to wound up in my head about this change in status.  However, that is a complete joke, or, not a joke, but what do you call something that is completely futile?  I will call it futile.

Of course I'm completely wound up in my own head.  I have tried talking to other people to help sort my head out, but each of them has had such a vastly different reaction, I don't even know what the right response is. It just makes me more mixed up.  To basically the name news, some people acted liked someone died or that they would never see me again, and others like I should be having a happy freedom party. These are my friends, who I assume know me, not random strangers.


As I go through my normal day, I run into regular things that used to be rules, that now I guess are not, and each time I have to decide "Well, is this a good habit to keep? Should I just keep doing it this way? Is it helpful for me or someone else? Or should I just do what I want? Do I even know what I want?"  And that is how it goes most of the day. 

So far I have got:
Floss my teeth- yes, good habit.
Get the mail- probably, good habit.
Pick up dog poop- sure, someone has to, but maybe not every day.
Make the bed- it looks better made and takes 5 minutes, so, sure.
Ask before masturbating- hmmm, do I even want to masturbate? I do not know. Anyway, I haven't in a quite a while.
Ask before donating money to a charity- undecided.  

Laundry- yes, this is needed.
Wash the dishes- maybe. Sometimes. 

Don't get arrested in Las Vegas- this seems like good life advice for any one, any time.  Especially when we can't travel.

3 comments:

  1. It's never fun having the rug pulled out from under our feet, even when we know equilibrium will return eventually.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a huge adjustment to make, love your list :)

    Hang in there my friend.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lol-ed at the las vegas one. I think in general, not getting arrested anywhere at anytime is a good rule to have.

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...