Thursday, January 17, 2019

Laundry, a super exciting post, can't be missed

I just learned that the reason nobody else in the house does laundry is that I don't have an easily understood system, but instead use one that only I can figure out.  If only I had known that I wasn't doing all the laundry because I'm the laundry slave, or because I'm the stay at home mom and this makes it my job, but only because I lack a systematic approach!  Think how many loads of laundry I would have not had to do myself by now if only I had known this little detail!  

Well, now I have adopted Master's system and I think it will be great.   All the dirty clothes have to be thrown on the floor in the laundry room and only clean clothes will be in baskets.  Evidently we already had this discussion 17 years ago and I don't remember a bit of it.

 Yesterday I took the older kid to the psychiatrist's visit.  It's not only a long drive (an hour each way) but it takes a toll on me emotionally every time.   I don't know if it makes him feel better (he says not) but every time it makes me feel so hopeless and lost and unsure just talking to this guy.  
Don't tell me to switch.  There. Is. No. One. Else.  I've tried.  So, it's this or nobody who can prescribe medications.  

His latest recommendation was to have the kid do all the chores that I normally do.  This will keep him busy and contributing, right?  Ok, on the way home we decided that he could do the laundry while I finished up feeding the sheep and made dinner.  Only I didn't actually go look at the laundry while he was doing it so he ended up washing the clean clothes again with the dirty clothes so the load was too big and couldn't get dry.  I was feeling sick and tired last night, and everyone pitched in to help me get things done so I could go to bed a little early. 

This morning I felt slightly better until I came downstairs and every one was yelling at me about how the laundry STILL wasn't dry, and they didn't have that one shirt they wanted to wear, and my laundry system is not a system at all but impossible to understand.

So, yeah, I don't feel so great anymore.   But I'll doing some laundry all day.








  

2 comments:

  1. I've never understood how more mothers don't go postal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ùgh, I guess that's why so many parents take the approach of doing it themselves instead of getting the kids to do it. I'm glad everyone pitched in to help.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...