Thursday, November 14, 2019

Busy Day Yesterday

Yesterday was the day we took the lambs to market.  We also had to bury a dead sheep.  She was one of the older ones, but not super old, not old enough to suddenly be dead.  In the morning she had a slightly swollen face, and then at night- dead.  People who think farm life is listening to birds in the morning and cute, fluffy lambs all day should realize that it has just as much death and mess as pretty and sweet to balance it out. 

The day started out when I went to buy sheep food.  I got 200 lbs, plus a big bag of cat food.  I was going to find someone at the store to help me, but no one was handy and I didn't want to wait around, so I loaded it.   Then I got home and had to sort the sheep for feeding.  I'm trying to keep the greedy ones from pushing the small ones away from the food, so I use a dog (Pepper) to separate them and keep them separate until they have eaten.  Big, pushy greedy sheep find their way back through the fences and gates as soon as I leave, so just keeping two groups doesn't work.  

I came inside for a snack and then went back out to sort sheep with Sprite for a herding lesson.  The client dog is kind of rowdy, so I wanted some larger ones who weren't pregnant.   This took me about half an hour to accomplish as they were not cooperating.  By the time I finished, the student had arrived and we did her lesson. 


 The dog is showing a big improvement from a few weeks ago, which is encouraging.  I put all the sheep back together afterward, wishing I could save out my good herding group, and then went inside.  I was so tired and cold (it was 14 degrees) that I was almost ready to cry.  Master told me to come sit by the fire with him, which was very cozy.   He had made a fire and done laundry while I was out. 

Once I was rested he said it was time for my slave-duty of getting him off.   He asked what I wanted and I, of course, said "Whatever you want, Master".   He took me upstairs and fucked me with the dildo and used the vibrator on me.  I had a hard time coming (again) but finally I did, then he came inside me.

It was about 1:30 when we finished and Master said we should start getting the trailer ready for the sheep.  First we had to push it into position, and get it hooked up to my van, and then build some makeshift panels from the barn door to the trailer.  All this took about an hour, while the actual loading of the sheep, with Sprite behind them to keep them going the right way, and me and Master helping them up the ramp, took about 10 minutes. 

Did I mention we were having a nice little snow shower all this time?
Oh yeah, lovely.


But the sheep loading went better than it usually does, with no escapees getting past us and running around the yard this time.

Master drove and Sprite and I rode along, down to the butcher, only about 10 miles, but with slick roads and snow it was nerve racking.  Then backing up the trailer was a pain in the butt with the space he had to work with, not to mention snow and ice.  I was glad it wasn't me because I'm terrible at backing trailers anyway.  When I used to go to the other butcher farther away by myself I would always get out my helpless female card and ask the guy there to back my trailer for me. 


 Sprite was puzzled why we returned home with no sheep.  She kept looking for them. 

Then we still had to unhook the trailer, push it to the barn, take down the makeshift chute and bury the dead sheep.  The ground was frozen, so this was hard even though someone had cleverly dug a hole already a month ago.  There was still the frozen earth to chip out and fill it in.   It made me sad for the sheep and worried that I didn't know what was wrong with her or if it was something that might affect the rest of the flock.

My arms and back were ready to die by then, and I spent most of the evening curled up on the couch with tea and television.  Master went fencing without me.   I had planned ahead to have crock pot soup, so no cooking needed, but there were still somehow a lot of dishes to do before I collapsed into bed.   

4 comments:

  1. oh wow, you have a fascinating farm life, my friend. when I was a monk and considering permanent vows that's basically what I was, too, a farmer...a farmer in a scratchy robe but a farmer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back ached just reading this...
    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew Ancilla,

    I'm exhausted just reading this lol. Busy day indeed!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...