Monday, June 14, 2021

Plinko Challenge

 Does everyone know what Plinko is?  I didn't until I moved to Wisconsin.  I had no idea, but here it seems like everyone knows this thing.  It's a carnival type game where you drop a disk through a peg board and then it can land in a variety of slots at the bottom.  I went to a Pride Celebration event with my kids on Saturday and one of the sex education booths had a Plinko game where you answer a trivia question chosen by the peg board drop and win a prize. 

The person before me got the question "How many legs does a spider have?"  I thought, oh, this is going to be easy, I'm going to get a flag or a pride pin or something for free.  I did my disk drop and got the question 

"How many people in Wisconsin have HIV but don't know they are infected? 

Huh?  I was hoping for the spider-level question. 


I had no idea, but the person at the booth gave me a hint that it was in the 4 digits.  I guessed way high- the real answer was something just over 1000.  
I got a prize anyway though.  Because, of course, the point is education.  

Then my oldest kid tried it and he got a how to use a condom question, which he answered correctly (yay!).  I can't believe he is 20 years old now, amazing.  

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of plinko before. What a great, fun way to educate.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...