Thursday, August 30, 2018

So This Was Exciting

But not in a good way.

Yesterday I was supposed to drive to my parents' house and go to a dog trial there, and then bring the kids home Monday.

I woke up with a bit of a stomachache, which kept getting worse and worse over the next couple hours, and by 7:30 I decided I wasn't driving anywhere (I'd even gotten as far as getting the dogs and all my stuff into the car by then).   I called my Master at work and said I needed a ride to the ER.   It hurt so much I could barely think.  But I did manage to get the dogs out of the car and back into the house while Master called our neighbor and asked him to drive me.  They both came down, both neighbors, and also Master met us there as soon as he could, handing off his own surgery he was about to perform to the other doctor there.   

They did all the tests and soon found out I had a kidney stone.   It took a lot of different medicines before I started feeling better, but after the tests they sent me home.  I didn't feel too good all the rest of the day, but the drugs made me sleepy.  Our neighbors brought over a whole lot of food and some flowers, which was just too nice.  Master took care of me and brought me everything, until I was able to walk around again.  

Today I woke up nauseated, but I took medicine for that and I've been pretty good so far.  I don't know if the pain will come back or if the stone is still there, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  If I'm still good then, I might get to make the trip after all.   I'm nervous either way.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, kidney stones are extremely painful. You would probably know if you have passed them! Hope you are feeling much better soon.

    That was so lovely of your neighbours to take care of you and bring over food and flowers. So your Master is a Doctor eh?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your neighbours sound simply lovely! So sweet of them! As Roz says, if you're passing them, you'd probably know. I hear it hurts like a bitch and a half! HOpe you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry to hear you are going through this but it is good to hear you've got people around you who are jumping in to help!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch.
    Here's to you feeling LOTS better soon!

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...