Sunday, March 4, 2018

Bridges on Fire

Question from Lea (Thank you, thank you!):

What bridges do you not regret burning?

I have burned very few bridges, over a life time, I think. I am more the type to let friendships fade away through inaction (especially if they are doing the same) than to actually burn anything.  

 However, in the past 7 years I have met more people, become intimate with more people, and also definitively lost more friends than in the previous 20 years.  

I would say there are two that I have burnt the bridge completely and by my own actions.  I don't regret them at all.  I regret that it took me a while to do it, that it turned into deeper friendships than maybe it should have if I had realized sooner it wasn't in my best interests to get involved with certain people.  But I can't really say I regret how it ended because I would do the same again.  One of them was just a friend and the other was a friend and also sometime play partner.    Then there are all the collateral friendship complications because we all run in the same circles.  I try to ignore that as best as I can.  If someone wants to remain friends with both and not take sides, I can be ok with that. 

1 comment:

  1. Burning bridges is something I never take lightly either but like you, the two I have burned, I wish I had a lot earlier than I finally did.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...