Monday, March 26, 2018

Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe

This is the low carb cheesecake recipe for Abby: 

It was invented by my mom, and it is not low fat.


Leave cream cheese at room temperature for 24 hours.  This is a very important step and if you skip it your batter will be lumpy.

2 pkg cream cheese (room temp)
1 tsp almond extract
1.5 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 cup splenda (or other baking approved sweetener)

Crust:

2 1/4 c almonds
1/4 lb butter

Fry the almonds VERY lightly in a small amount of butter.  Grind them in a blender.   Add the rest of the butter and pat it into your baking dish.   This recipe is for an 8 in. pie pan.  You can scale it up for larger pans.  I wouldn't bother with a special cheesecake pan because the crust is crumbly.

Mix the other ingredients, put into the dish.

 Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until done.  

Optional topping, which I didn't make this time:

1/2 pint sour cream
3 T splenda
1/2 t almond ext.
1/2 t vanilla

Put on cheese cake after cooling.   

I figured it has 6 carbs for 1/8 of the cheesecake.


3 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds great, and even better that it's low carb! Thank you :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...thank you so much...I will let you know when I try it, probably next week! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not doing low-carb but it still sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...