Monday, August 3, 2020

Oh fuck.

I have been dreading writing this, but it's going to hang over my head until I tell my friends here.  Master already told our family and some friends.  Last month, on June 16, he went in for a routine test and the doctor found cancer.  Many tests later, and after much agonized waiting on results, we learned that this isn't the kind of cancer where you get surgery and chemo and radiation and you're ok for a good long time, possibly. 

No, this is the bad kind.  The time to make your will kind.  The kind where your second oncologist says "We'll treat it aggressively and think outside the box."  Oh fuck. 

 It's impossible to believe this is happening some days, and other days I'm simply being crushed under the weight of sadness and fears. 

7 comments:

  1. Very saddened by this news. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your husband and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fuck.

    Sending positive thoughts to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry. Send love and energy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this Ancilla. Sending lots of positive vibes and love to you all

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read this. Sending positive thoughts and love you you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry to hear this bad news. I will pray for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear this news.

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...