Thursday, January 2, 2020

New Year, Same Old Me!

I don't intend to make any resolutions again this year.  I would like to hop back on my diet which has been going very badly the last few weeks (holiday food is too tempting, plus I've been making French bread). 

We went to our "vanilla" friends' New Years Eve party and I had a really fun time. 
I put vanilla in quotations because only some of them are vanilla.  Some of them are people we know go to the same BDSM events we go to. 

Once I ended up in a rather one sided conversation with a rather sad drunk man.  I've known him for years, but he always forgets my name. I think he drinks too much, even when it's not a party, which is why I keep having to reintroduce myself, but I'm not really in his life, so I don't know, I usually only see him at New Years.   I feel bad that he's not happy though because I've always found him a likable sort of person.

The other weird thing was when I saw a group of people playing Cards Against Humanity I asked if I could join in (there is only so much eating and small talk I can do) without really considering who was playing.  In a few minutes I realized all of them were my kids' ages, so that was a bit uncomfortable, given the cards you have to read out are not at all PG rated.  Then my kid joined in!  Well then.  That was a thing that happened.  I still ended up laughing myself into coughing fits over some of the card answer choices.  My Master was falling asleep in a corner, meanwhile.  He doesn't like that game at all.


   The younger kid started out the evening hiding with his laptop but then he found a group of teens his age and by the end of it seemed to be having a grand time of it. 

I had a couple of small glasses of mulled wine and a splash of champagne, but no drunkeness or hangovers for me.  Master drove us home and I slept most of the way, getting in at about 2:30.  

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Ancilla, sounds like an interesting evening lol. No resolutions for me either. Diets are hopeless over the holidays.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you've had a good start to the year. i haven't done resolutions in a long time.

    i put on some weight over christmas but i think most of it has come back off, thankfully. and not by chance either. it takes effort, dammit!

    good luck with your diet!

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...