Monday, September 21, 2020

I went to the store for groceries and found enlightenment

 Sitting beside a small waterfall on a huge pile of rocks on my way to get groceries, I had a realization today. I am a bug crawling across a huge ball. My problems are bug problems. They are no more or less important than the problems of ant trying to drag home a seed or the problems of a frog trying to find a bug to eat.  Someday I will die, like the frog on the pavement who hopped his last hop some time ago.  Every one I know or don't know will die. Some sooner and some later, but does it make a difference to the universe, the earth?  It does.  The secret of life is that it ends. And that is ok.  It's more than ok, it's necessary and right.   Without the deaths of trillions of organisms we would not be standing here today.   The future, life itself, depends on death.  

It's all bug problems.  


1 comment:

  1. Thought provoking post Ancilla. Death is a necessary part of life.

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...