Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A Day in The Life

5:30 Alarm goes off.  Master gets up.  I get up and unsnap my leash, then change collars to my day collar and go down stairs to make breakfast.  I make sausages and tea and coffee.  I get my computer browsing in, and let dogs out while cooking and eating.  Master comes down and eats.  I make him a second cup of tea and clean up the dishes. 

7:00 Master leaves for work.  I come out with him to open and close the gate, and keep puppy (who wants to run down the driveway after him) under control.

I go back in and spend about 45 minutes sanding down all the spackle I did in the kitchen yesterday.   I also put some ribs in the crock pot for dinner. 

A little after 8:00am  I meet Mystique and a friend of hers from work for breakfast at a diner in town.   We go to the 9:30 showing of Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows with a couple more friends of hers from work after breakfast.  She holds my hand and we snuggle during the sad/scary parts! I get a complicated mix of emotions, because that hasn't happened for a while out in vanilla-land. 


On my way home I stop at the store to pick up some shoelaces for Master.  I really want to buy some towels but I'm not going to get a set without asking him first. 

I get home around 12:30.   I work Pepper on the sheep.  I separated off the rams and ewes yesterday, so she just has 1 wether (Decker) and three rams to work.  She does really well.


I start a load of laundry.   Mop the kitchen floor.

I call the bank and transfer money from accounts, which was on my to do list from Master.  

Eat lunch and wash all the dishes from the kids' breakfast/lunches. 

Clean out the fridge (on my weekly list from Master) and scrub down the sink really well.  

About 2:00 I plant grass seed over the area that Master finished removing a huge stump from yesterday.  This was also on my to do list from him.  I rake the seeds in and spread hay over them.

I clean up the dog poo from the yard.   

It's now 3:00.  I have a few things left like finishing the laundry and getting in the mail.  Possibly I will do another layer of spackle first.  Or later.  Yeah, maybe tea first and spackle later.
Pepper and sheep





No comments:

Post a Comment

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...