Friday, October 26, 2018

Feeling Stressed Out

I feel like things are just weighing on me today.  You know when that one more thing going wrong is just too many? 
Our furnace hasn't worked at all this fall, which means keeping warm with the wood stove, which is kind of a lot of work when you're not just doing it occasionally for fun but because the temperatures are getting below zero at night and nobody wants to freeze. 
They won't be getting our new furnace in until after Thanksgiving! So, another month of that.


Last night the washing machine broke, mid cycle, and dumped water all over and left the sheets/blanket sopping wet.  I was rinsing them in the bathtub and then trying to ring them out.  It's kind of gray and damp out so getting them dry enough to even go in the dryer has been a challenge.   I called a repair place, several actually, and only one could do anything about it, or was even open, however they were super annoying on the phone, trying to sell me all this other stuff.  So, now I have to wait around at home for them to show up some time between 9 and 5 at their convenience.  We'll probably have to buy a new one anyway because Murphy's Law.   

You know what is good for stress?

Baking pie.

Master ordered me to make pumpkin pie and I'm enjoying it.   

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ancilla,

    Oh I feel your pain. Why is that appliances always seem to give up the ghost simultaneously! That is such a nuisance about the furnace. Hope the washing machine is sorted quickly.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The repairman came and was able to get it fixed the same day. Expensive, but at least it works now and I don't have to go to the laundrymat.

      Delete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...