Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Bringing Up Problems

This post is about bringing up topics that I find hard to discuss. 

I know I'm not the only one that gets all up in my head and worked up about "How's he going to react/how should I word this/what am I going to say?" and worried about if my problem is even big enough to be worth discussing or if I should just get over it myself. 

My Master told me once a long time ago that if it was big enough for me to get worked up about then it was big enough that I needed to talk to him about it.  Talking to someone else first wasn't the right way to go. 

In truth yesterday was not a very fun day.  We are sick with colds from the start of the school year; the youngest kid stayed home from school.  Master got no sleep from being at work all night.  We went out to do our Pokemon anyway, but it poured down rain so we were not able to walk and we were just dreary, miserable and tired until we gave up attempting fun and came home.  

Then I spent two hours making lasagna and finishing the laundry.  I felt a little better after eating way too much lasagna (the diet is going terribly, thanks).

It was only about 8 pm when it really felt like bedtime and we went up stairs.  We were all snuggled in bed with Master saying he felt too icky for sex when I brought up my issue.  I hate making complaints.  I feel like I'm unslave-ish and just whiny.  But it was something that wasn't going to go away unless I spoke up.  
My Master was very kind, and we talked a bit.  Then he was stroking me and suddenly not too sick for sex after all.  


I said "You think Nyquil makes me easy?" and he replied "I think everything makes you easy." 

So, anyway, I still feel sick today, but I feel a lot better than yesterday otherwise. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Random lurker here, but had to comment. This is such great advice about talking with your Master about issues. And i know exactly what you mean about feeling unslave-y when you have to voice your concerns. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ancilla,

    Sorry you are both down with the dreaded cold at the moment and hope you are both feeling much better soon.

    I am the queen of worrying issues to death. I know too about not wanting to whiny. I'm so glad you did talk through things with your Master and love how this ended :) "I think everything makes you easy"...lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...