Monday, January 29, 2018

Fit For Friday

I know it's not Friday, but today is when I'm writing anyway because I started early. I will try to stick to Friday for updates in the future.

 http://fondles.blogspot.sg/2018/01/fit-for-friday.html

I am joining in on Fondle's (above) Fit for Friday blogging because with Master's encouragement/insistence we are going to start exercising and dieting again, so that makes it a great time to join!

My foot is finally better enough for walking, so my first goal is to gradually increase my walking distances while making sure it doesn't get injured again.   I'm still doing my PT exercises although I have graduated from physical therapy (and she gave me a t-shirt).  

The second goal is diet.  The only diet that has ever worked for me for more than a few hours (I'm terrible at low fat or calorie restricted diets because I HATE being hungry) is the Atkins diet, so that's what I'm doing.  
 

I'm keeping a food log.

Here's the week so far in carbohydrates:

1/25 14 carbs 
1/26 16 carbs
1/27  9 carbs-  I felt a bit sick that night.  I don't think this was quite enough.  I had to get up and have a midnight snack of celery and cheese.
1/28  16 carbs (includes midnight snack of celery and cheese).  Feeling great!

I went for a small walk each day, although my fitbit doesn't work anymore and I forgot to track the distance on Pokemon Go, so I'm not sure how far.   

So far I have lost about 3 lbs.  I know that is mostly water weight, but at least I'm on the right track. 

9 comments:

  1. water weight is still a great place to start! keep on walking, care to share how long your walks are? when i get lazy i try and clock at least 20 minutes... i could do more, but then, i could have stayed on the couch too, so i consider it a win!

    good job on the food log too! I know it's bothersome but it really helped me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and also, thanks for the mention. feel free to update ANY day. it doesn't have to be a friday!

      Delete
    2. The longest walk I took with my Master that we measured was a little more than a mile. Some of the others were shorter and filled with catching Pokemon so hard to tell exactly. I will try to be better about recording my distances, which Pokemon measures for me, I just have to actually look before and after the walk!

      Delete
  2. Any loss is a win...happy to hear you are joining us! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good going! And good for you on keeping up with the PT! Feet take forever to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I'm motivated now. Hmmm. What should my goals be?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great goals. Well done! Off to an awesome start :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job! A lot of times it is about overcoming your own inertia. Though I think your master will help you with that!

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...