Thursday, June 28, 2018

I can't be the only one

Who feels like life is just a series of one dang thing going wrong after another?

First it was the lawnmower.  It won't start.  So I have to call someone to come get it and fix it, but who knows when they will actually do that.  "We are really backed up".  Not encouraging.  They are the only place in town that will come pick up a lawnmower and it's way too big to fit in my van.  Meanwhile, the lawn gets taller and more jungle-like.

Then my computer broke.  So, that's at the repair shop too, and I'm using Master's computer when he's not around.  Then our son's computer broke.  That was well beyond repair so I bought him a new one yesterday.  Then Master's car got a mysterious cracked windshield as it was just sitting there at work in the parking lot.

We are supposed to go camping this weekend and I have done nothing to get ready for it.  Now one of the kids is sick so I don't even know if camping will happen.   I guess I have to pack anyway though. 


3 comments:

  1. My mom used to say....bad things come in 3's..looks like you are an over-achiever. Sorry to hear that life is challenging you....hang in there...and hope you get to go camping...a nice little break. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, i know about the “one thing after another” syndrome. First it was the kitchen. Then finding all sorts of problems after tearing down the cabinets. Then i got a UTI and now my mums live in helper is asking to leave so i need to find a new one! And dad is being more and more impossible to handle (dementia) and has started scolding and telling at everyone.

    U need that camping trip. It’ll b good to go on a vacation from all the bad stuff. Good luck. U are not the only one. (If thats any consolation...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are having such a run at the moment. It does seem that as soon as one thing breaks or goes wrong, something else will. Murphy's law!

    Hang in there. I hope you manage that camping trip.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...