Tuesday, July 3, 2018

TMI Tuesday

1. Picture the child you once were, what did that child do very well?


I was good with animals, good at imitating with my body- such as acting like an animal or following along the steps of an instructor in something physical like Taekwondo.  I was good with my hands.  Also, good at being invisible if I wanted.

2. What are you really good at now?

I'm good with animals still, and pretty much all the rest too. I haven't changed those things.

3. Did you ever expect love in return and not get it?

No, I haven't.

4. Who do you need to get in touch with because it has been so long?

I need to get in touch with my friend who I'm going to see at the end of July.   Just to warn her that we'll be in the same place because I don't think she knows!  I signed up for a "Wild woman" weekend rather impulsively, because it was free and we're going to learn to tie fishing flies and shoot guns or something.  Not things I normally do, but what the heck.  

 
5. What are your thoughts on this: “Every woman deserves her special day. I get that. But does it really have to cost so much fucking money? I mean, c’mon. If you’re serious about building a future with a guy, why bankrupt him?”


Maybe I'm too traditional, but don't the bride's parents pay for the special day?  Mine did.  I didn't bankrupt them, because they told me how much they were going to spend and it was my job to fit within that budget, including the honeymoon.  Master and I had no money at all really back then, being college students.   I don't think a huge wedding is a great idea, especially if you have to struggle to afford it or go into debt, and I recently read some study data that there is a trend towards the larger the wedding, the shorter the marriage. Overcompensating, maybe?

 
Bonus: What is your number one priority?

My Master and my kids.  And myself.  I get to have 4 priorities, I think. 


 https://tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com/2018/07/02/tmi-tuesday-july-3-2018/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ancilla,

    Loved your answers to these. The weekend away sounds awesome, and also catching up with your friend. Hope you have a wonderful time. You will have to fill us in after.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...