Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Walking Log

Monday I lost my Fitbit.  It was a tiny bit traumatic.  I had been hauling brush from the yard to the pasture in several places and when I came inside I noticed it was gone.  I looked all over the yard, and the kids came and helped me.  No luck. 

 I tried to get the dogs to sniff it out.  They ran around excitedly and ate random things on the ground.  Go dogs.

 I even brought out the secret weapon- Taz, the youngest- who eats everything he finds in the yard. He ate (and I mean it was 3/4 gone) one of Master's new gloves the other day.

I thought maybe he'd find the fitbit and I could rescue it before he started chewing it.  

Nope, he just leaped around me with a "What are we doing now, Mom?" expression.  

I went to the store, came home and took one more pass around the yard (I had done SO many passes, missing SO many steps).  There it was by the fence!  Victory!

Master and I went for another long walk that night, giving me 16,400 steps for the day even with several hours of work missing.

I'm not going to do a list of every day of the last two weeks, but the daily average has been 13,896 (5.68 miles).

The highest day was 18,486 (7.49 miles).
The lowest day was 10,403 (4.22 miles), so I haven't been under the 10,000 steps a day goal at all.  

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW way to go! On a good day I get in maybe 9k plus steps. on lazy days when i don't step out of the house i'm lucky if i hit 7k. And that's WITH the evening walks. i really should move my butt more. and i'm glad you found your fitbit. i would be traumatised too!

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...