Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dating (Parent perspective)

Our 14 year old kid just told me he has a date for the formal. I'm not ready for this.   Glerp glerp.

I have this strange urge to give him advice that is 50 years out of date:

When you dance, leave room for the holy spirit.
NO kissing. No hand holding. Maybe just gaze at her across the malts at the soda fountain.


Get a haircut. Take her a corsage. Or flowers for a vase.  IDK.  


Go back to being 7 years old, maybe.  

The dance is DURING our D&D game, which the kid is playing in, and Master is running it as dungeon master.  So I'll have to skip out in the middle and drive him.  And he wants me to drive Master's car because it is much nicer and not a minivan.  He even said he was going to clean it out.  

I can't believe he wants to miss out on D&D to go on a DATE.  Are we are failing as geek-parents?  At least he says she likes video games.

Master thought he ought to make sure he had a condom (do you KNOW how not ready for this I am?).  Gulp. 


 

4 comments:

  1. LOL..have not heard that Holy Spirit line in a lonnnnng time...hang on, it's going to be a long few years...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you dear. My baby just hit 18mo and I'm already freaking out.

    Look on the bright side, at least we don't have girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, some of that 50 year old advice is still good - be courteous, be a gentleman kind of stuff. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBNSMbEzI0
    Love,
    DM

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...