Monday, March 17, 2014

Just Plain Life

We got a bunch of things accomplished yesterday.   I woke early, maybe 6:30 or so, as usual, and tried to get up but Master was all wrapped around me.  It was so cuddly and nice to be held tight, but at the same time I'm thinking "coffee, coffee, coffee..."

I tried to get up again after a little while and Master said "Roll over and let me warm up on you."  We stayed like that for a long time, him gently snoring and me lying there thinking about whether I should stay or get up without asking.

Around 7:30 he told me I could get up.  

When he got up I made blueberry pancakes, then started some laundry after I cleaned the kitchen.  We sneaked off upstairs for a quick fuck, then Master fixed a basement light fixture while I cleaned our room.  After lunch, and after I'd started some potato soup in the crockpot for dinner, we broke the ice out of the sidewalk.  With the melting and freezing it had accumulated about three inches of solid ice and it was time to break it out.  

We started at each end with shovels and got down to a really stubborn patch in the middle when he looked at it and said "Wait, I have a plan."

I looked up at him expectantly.

"Slave, break out all that ice" he said.  Then he laughed and went to get a sledgehammer.  He broke the rest with that, and we can now get from driveway to the house without all the slippery ice. 

Then we got the saw and wheelbarrow and went out to the woods to cut deadwood for the stove.  He did the cutting and I did the hauling and stacking in the wheelbarrow, as well as wheeling it back to the house and dumping it on the back porch.   The snow is deep and tricky out in the snowy woods.  Sometimes you can stay on top and sometimes you sink in about a foot.  I kept thinking I should have taken my snowshoes, but never did go back for them.

That pretty well wore us out.  We got back inside, Master built a fire and I finished up making the soup.  It turned out great. 

Here is the recipe:  BBQ soup 
After dinner we played Settlers of Cataan with the kids, which turned into Family Feud as the older kid picked on the younger.  Arg.  Master won the game of course.

 He has to work today, but next weekend he'll have 4 days in a row off.  This morning was my last chance to see him until possibly Thursday late, so I made sure to get up with him at 5:30 and make his tea and breakfast.  Normally when he gets up that early he'd let me have the extra 1/2 hour of sleep. 




  1. As tired as i am of the snow and cold - this sounds like a lovely day. It is easier to take the days apart when you make the ones together good ones.

    1. It does sound a like a good day, doesn't it.


Morning Hotness

I had just showered this morning when Master came upstairs "to nap" and found me getting dressed.  He told me to put on some u...